Sunday 20 December 2020

Articles Comfort Food of the Stars by DJ Forrest

 


Revising my original Comfort Food, where I’d said a bacon sarnie with fried mushrooms and tomato ketchup was my Go To Food, I remembered feeling really down one day and visited my parents’ house, something had been troubling me, and I think I just needed a Mum hug (god I miss those). Mum fried up some bacon and mashed potatoes with an egg and mushrooms in lard afterwards, (and I’m salivating again) and I think that would top my original Comfort food. 


But I do still love a bacon sarnie. 

Everyone has a favourite meal that they hanker for after a long hard day at work. Something that doesn’t take an age to make and slave over. Something quick and easy, and either at the end of a phone, with a list of tantalising flavours and ‘with rice’, or from a microwave or toaster.  

This year, (2020), has been possibly one of the worst years of our lives, with the endless bouts of Lockdown, and travel restrictions, and many of us working from home, and so our culinary skills have improved over time, and our number skills have improved as to which meal additions we want to add to our favourite take out meal. 

Naturally, I can’t just write about my favourite foods without putting the question to some of the people that I’ve interviewed and still chat to regularly on social media. So here are their replies, including some from fans of ours. If you have a favourite meal that you’d like to share with us, post in the comment box below. 

Nathan Sussex “Well, if we're talking take-aways, I mean, I'm a Chinese fiend, like literally... if I could eat Chinese food every day I would. I just can't get enough of it. I love it. I ate a lot of it on Lockdown.”

 

Guy Lewis “Well nothing beats pasta and lardons in a tomato sauce. I run a lot so eat a lot of pasta. It’s definitely good comfort food!” 


Maxine Evans “I do love some homemade sourdough toasted with avocado and egg and a touch of chilli” 


Connor Calland Hmmmm! Take away has to be KFC! Salute to the colonel!! But if it was to be a home cooked food, it'd be garlic butter steak and sweet potato fries.”


Simon Fisher-Becker "I absolutely adore poached Salmon, Broccoli, Sprouts & Peas. I'm addicted to Magnum Mint, Crunchie Blast Lollies and Thick Creamy Rum & Raisin Ice Cream"


Sharon Morgan “For me – hot buttered toast, and also custard.” 


Jonathan Owen "It’s a curry! Ha! I had one last night funnily enough. Me and my partner Vicky McClure love a take away from the local curry restaurant. We’re lucky we live in Nottingham which has some of the best in the country. It’s always a garlic chilli chicken. I do love a Naan bread as well. So, it’s definitely a curry in our house. Have a lovely Christmas everyone!" 


Jams Thomas "Scrambled eggs and avocado- every day without fail! Also, homemade pizza with anchovies, black olives and capers and chilli oil- I believe it’s called a Neapolitan - but not every day - That would be silly."


Scott Kyle “Love take away food and going to restaurants both have reduced significantly during lockdown so I’ll definitely be treating myself when things return to some sort of normality.” 

Claudia @Cl0udy2day Lindner “Chicken Fricassee with rice and chicken curry with rice. Hmmm! Curry!” 


Matt Rabjohns “I would be happy to eat macaroni cheese every day of my life if I could. Am also a fan of the bread-and-butter pudding, and also as we step closer to that time of the year, am partial to a slice of Christmas pud.”


 Dunno about you, but I'm feeling hungry!

Have a wonderful Xmas folks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment