Saturday 9 May 2020

Articles Lockdown Special May Edition



It’s been a long six weeks for some in Lockdown, while others seem to revel in the fact that they’re at home, with a world of opportunities at their fingertips. For many, it’s a time to reflect. To pick up old hobbies. To catch up on all those plans to redecorate. Improve on the garden. Dust off the notebooks where plans of becoming a writer were just a pipe dream, or become culinary wizards.

John Barrowman and husband Scott Gill have been busy with Lego creating all kinds of models, and all pretty awesome and it does make me wish I’d never got rid of my Lego kits. I also wish I’d never sold the PS2 console either. I also wish I had saved up for more Big Finish audios before the business went into download options only.

For some of us, Lockdown is something we’ve yet to enjoy, and for me especially I can’t wait for my four days off in June, to catch up on the gardening projects and indeed perhaps, put some ink to paper and start writing again!!!

I wondered what the cast and crew of both Torchwood and Doctor Who were doing while in Lockdown and so after some chats over email and social media, I was able to find some willing participants only happy to share with everyone their photos and words of what they’ve been up to.

There are still more to come and they will appear in next month’s Issue and beyond, given that none of us are actually sure just when everything will return to normal. If you would like to add your photos and words to our next Issue and beyond, do please get in touch, in the usual fashion – Facebook, Twitter or email.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this Issue article.

































No comments:

Post a Comment