Thursday 5 March 2020

The Mothership Forgive Me by Matt Rabjohns




Forgive me for being such a dumb short sighted bloke​
I wasn't sure a woman could take hold of the rope​
Of a show long led by thirteen rather splendid blokes​
Now I know better and my silly bit of mindlessness chokes​
And I am glad that I’ve been proven a right prat​
Now that Jodie is our awesome Doctor and that is that​
She has just blown the show right out of the water​
And I'm glad to lay my stupid preconceptions to slaughter​
All you great girls out in the world who must love this​
Would you please forgive me, no, no need for a kiss
But I feel truly bad for being quite so stupidly un-enlighted​
I can’t imagine how my views could have been so small and benighted​
Now I am keen as mustard only to come along for the ride​
And now one truth I really don't want to ever hide​
Now I’ve gone from being iffy to be rock sure of this time lady​
And now my elation and gratitude are beyond just steady​
I would just love to be the one to travel with this being​
Where I could help save history and never believe what I'm seeing​
Aiding the whole universe to keep evil and wrong at bay​
That's why for years and years I now hope Jodie will stay​
I will never again remain so blinkered and short sighted​
Not now that Jodie has me so excited and delighted​
I will now state I’ve never been gladder to be proven wrong​
A lady can be the Doctor, it was so obvious all along​

No comments:

Post a Comment