Sunday 5 August 2018

The Coffee Shop My Holiday Surprise by Kirsty Price



Having spent a week at Unity Farm, Brean Sands, my holiday was over. Before journeying home, we decided to pop into their weekly market which runs on a Saturday and Sunday. My little surprise came while we looked at a stall selling bags and wallets. I looked up and instantly recognised a man also browsing the stall. I said to Mum standing nearby 'I'm sure he was in Torchwood.' The man instantly looked up, shocked. He confirmed he played the UNIT Captain in COE when I asked and was surprised that I would have remembered that since it was ten years ago.

It was only Charles Abomeli. He was a lovely man. We spoke about different parts of COE. He was surprised to discover that I was deaf, which was refreshing in itself.

The best things always happen on the last day.

I told him about Project: Torchwood, so Charles, if you are reading this, it was very nice to meet you, thank you for your time and good luck for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment