Sunday 5 August 2018

Beyond The Hub Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again! by Kirsty Price



SPOILER ALERT!


1st August: Cinema Outing

As a deaf person, it is rare I am able to go to the cinema, to watch a movie. Imagine my happiness when the website I keep an eye on, told me there was a movie on at the cinema with subtitles.

Happy Girlie Alert!

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again certainly lived up to the hype, but my highlight came about 30/40 minutes into the film. The camera cut to Tokyo where one of the main characters was having a meeting. A Japanese woman started speaking, to seal the deal between companies. Took me three times and bear in mind I was reading the words, not looking at people’s faces, but who was this pretty Japanese lady, you may ask?

It was only Toshiko Sato, otherwise known as Naoko Mori!

Her part was only 10 minutes of screen time, but that was enough for me. Rest of the movie was really good, I do recommend it, I just don’t recommend Cher (sorry Cher fans). Overall it was a good film I enjoyed it, and I think you guys may enjoy it too.

The film opens up years before Donna goes to the island of Kalokairi, which is the name they use for the real island used in the film – Skopelos. In Greek, Kalokairi means "summer," so just about any Greek island could be called a "summer island."

It shows how Donna meets first Harry, then Bill and finally Sam. Every so often it cuts from that time to the present, telling the audience of Donna's life before Sophie came along. the other part of the story is years later, a few years after the first film of Mamma Mia and the character of Sophie is finishing the hotel up and ready for an opening party happening soon. As always you can never be too sure about the weather.

After having the party ruined by the weather, some people turned up surprising Sophie and together they made it a party to die for. As many of you may have seen in the trailer, Sophie finds out she's pregnant, and is a very happy lady, involving the three dads, Sky and the aunties.

Watching a film with subtitles is brilliant and very easy for me, helping me to understand what is happening in the movie. An example would be, someone says a joke, and the audience laughs at it. Normally I would be behind or would have to ask the person with me what the joke was. Subtitles make it so much easier for me to keep in time and laugh along with the rest of the audience.

I really enjoyed the movie, more than the first one, and cannot wait till next time I go to the cinema.

I would like to see Christopher Robin, staring Ewan McGregor and a few other people. including Peter Capaldi. I have my fingers crossed that it will be available and accessible to me as soon as it is released. Sometimes I have to wait longer than the hearing people, which is actually unfair. Some of my hearing friends saw Paddington Bear 2 the week it came out. I had to wait a few weeks before it was accessible.





No comments:

Post a Comment