Thursday 4 July 2019

The Mothership In Celebration of Jon Pertwee's Centenary in July 2019.



ODE OF THE THIRD DOCTOR
By Matt Rabjohns


So, I am to be exiled to one planet, Earth
A broken TARDIS for so long being of no worth
Caged in and bitter, but yet I must learn
To control my deep resentment and the fires that burn

At least the planet is not dull or boring
And strangely alien attempts to conquer are not found snoring
Seldom a day of my punishment goes by
Without me having to defend humanity as evil will try

To clear this sphere of all its useful life
So, it seems they need a dashing hero to quell the strife
Autons and axons, Silurians and Daemons come
And the Brigadier can be so annoying, and then some

But oh, dear Lis Shaw and then my wonderful Jo
They at least help the days end with a smile to go
At least the lab as well gives me time to tamper and tinker
Though the problems with the chameleon circuit ain’t half a stinker

But I live in hope that very soon, one day
Those bureaucratic oafs the Time Lords will send a reprieve my way
And the secret of my ship will be returned to me
And to roam time and space again I'll be happy and free

But for now, stuck here I will still do my best
To be here for when UNIT are in trouble, and all the rest
And I may have some relief, in the form of tussles with the Master
Sorry, have to go now, Jo's ruined an experiment, oh blast her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment