Sunday 30 August 2015

Who Reviews Power of Three by Tom Clarke



This episode was very different and I wasn’t expecting it to be what it was. Basically, for those who haven’t seen it, the episode follows Amy and Rory and the real world’s reaction to these strange, black cubes, popping up all over the planet. So that part was interesting but the episode falls down in one part, and its one crucial part - the ending. I felt this episode would have benefitted much more as a two parter, because the ending was rushed. But other than that this episode was great and a real breath of fresh air.

I loved the cubes, I loved the story, I loved the final seconds and how they lead into Amy and Rory’s final adventure in the next episode, and when you know what really happens to them it makes Brian’s final lines so much more impactful.

This episode explains a lot about what I love about the show. The episode is here as a lead in to Amy and Rory’s goodbye, it is a filler episode that adds a tiny bit to the plot and extends the series out. But a lot of filler episodes in a lot of shows are just not that interesting, but this episode was really well handled.

So yeah, it is hard for me to put into words how I feel about the episode, it is one you have to watch for yourselves if you haven’t seen it. I tried to explain it as best I could, and although I thought it was brilliant, with UNIT and the villain and the introduction to one of my favourite characters of all time (Kate freaking Stewart) I knew it would let me down a bit from the start because I was looking forward to it. I never try to have high hopes for films or shows because I know I’ll be let down in the end if I do, but looking past that, this is easily one of my favourite episodes of the show.

It was brilliant, humorous, and tense. The ending let it down slightly, but other than that, I gotta give this episode a solid 9/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment