Sunday 27 April 2014

The Coffee Shop Showcasing Fan Art


I love art.  Whether it be a painting or a sketch, animation or a sculpture.  Recently with the introduction of digital media, the artwork on display of fan drawings with the use of Photoshop has simply blown me away.  Not everyone can use Photoshop to its full potential, personally I wouldn’t know where to start, but with a paper and a pencil I know what I’m doing, to a point. 

Every month in The Coffee Shop we’ll be showcasing Fan Art.  We, the website recently joined DeviantART where the best artists seem to reside for fan art at least, and showcasing this month, we’ve chosen one particular artist from Birmingham, UK.
Jht888 uses Photoshop CS5 and Wacom Bamboo pen.  The artwork is fantastic and of course when you look closer you can see it is a digital painting but the depth of the artwork gives the impression of a photograph.  I’ve selected a few with the permission of the artist, and I’m sure you’ll agree with me they are indeed stunning.

Although I’ve not captured a lot, what I have collected are truly wonderful, and I love the Captain Jack and 10th, mostly as these are my favourite characters, but I am also in awe of Clara and 11.

You can purchase the artwork on Redbubble

If you like jht888 artwork you can follow him on DeviantART by following the links below each of his digital paintings.

If you have a favourite artist that you would like us to Showcase, or you’re an artist who would like to promote your artwork further, email us or drop us a line on our Facebook Page or Twitter with a link.

But for now, enjoy the work of jht888



Photoshop CS5, Wacom Bamboo, 6 hours to complete




Photoshop CS5, Wacom Bamboo 6 hours to complete




Photoshop CS5, Wacom Bamboo 6 hours to complete.



Photoshop CS5, Wacom Bamboo, 9.0 hours to complete




Photoshop CS5 and Wacom Bamboo




No comments:

Post a Comment