Saturday 23 November 2013

The Mothership Happy Birthday Doctor Who #SaveTheDay 50 Today!


William Hartnell – “One day, I shall come back.  Yes, I shall come back.  Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.  Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.”



Patrick Troughton – “There are some corners of the Universe which have bred the most terrible things.  Things which act against everything we believe in.  They must be fought.”


Jon Pertwee – “Courage isn’t just a matter of not being frightened, you know.  It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.”



Tom Baker – “Killing me isn’t going to help you.  It isn’t going to do me much good either.”



Peter Davison – “Oh marvellous.  You’re going to kill me, what a finely tuned response to the situation.”


Colin Baker – “Planets come and go.  Stars perish.  Matter disperses, coalesces, forms into other patterns, other worlds.  Nothing can be eternal.”


Sylvester McCoy – “Think about me when you’re living your life one day after another, all in a neat pattern.  Think about the homeless traveller and his old police box, his days like crazy paving.”


Paul McGann – “I love humans.  Always seeing patterns in things that aren’t there.”


Christopher Eccleston – “Time travel is like visiting Paris.  You can’t just read the guidebook, you’ve got to throw yourself in!  Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers!”

David Tennant -  “I’m the Doctor.  I’m a Time Lord.  I’m from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.  I’m 903 years old, and I’m the man who’s going to save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below.  You got a problem with that?”


Matt Smith – “There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart.  If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap... Me.”

Happy Birthday Doctor Who, for giving us soon to be 12 Doctors, with memorable catchphrases and quirks and outlandish costumes and monsters and scares and fandoms and friends and stories, audios, soundtracks, toys, gadgets, gizmos and most of all, a childhood to be proud of!


Info source
©BBC Doctor Who 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment